GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The annual fee for membership in the Merrickville Agricultural Society (MAS) is $7.00. When prize money amounts to $10.00 or more, the following year’s membership dues will be deducted.
2. Entries are accepted on M.A.S. forms only. One form per exhibitor.
3. The Directors will do their utmost to procure the most competent judges in each of the classes. If an exhibitor is dissatisfied with any decision of such judges, they must immediately enter a written protest with the Secretary/Treasurer against such decision. The Directors shall inquire into the written protest at once and their decision shall be final.
4. No persons will be allowed to interfere with the judges while judging is in progress.
5. Alone entry in a class/section need not necessarily be awarded a prize.
6. Livestock and all articles for competition must be entered in the name of the owner.
Failure to observe this rule will result in either forfeiture of an awarded prize or in no prize being awarded at all.
7. All persons obtaining prizes fraudulently shall forfeit all goods or monies awarded.
8. Adult prizes will be awarded after the close of the fair (usually within two months). If receipts are insufficient to meet the prize list in full, the prizes will be paid pro-rated as funds permit.
9. Children’s prizes, where possible, are awarded at the conclusion of the fair on Sunday.
10. All exhibitors are expected to conform to safety standards while on the grounds and may be asked to leave if endangering the safety and well-being of any person or livestock.